Check out this video to see how we, as a church, are impacting children in our community.
Archive | Happenings
CENTERPOINT has just announced two exciting events coming up this summer – a CAROWINDS trip and a NEW ORLEANS mission trip. Read below for more information on the two!
All CENTERPOINT students are invited to CAROWINDS on June 23rd! The cost is $60 and you can sign up online at deeper14.com. Additionally you can get a sign up sheet at your campus. The cost includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as transportation and the cost of your ticket!
CAROWINDS also has a water park so please bring bathing suit if you’d like to spend time there. Bring a book bag for carrying your extra clothes and other stuff!
We will be leaving the church at 7:30AM and returning at 10:00PM from Banks Mill campus.
High schoolers are invited to join us on our New Orleans Mission Trip. The dates are July 26th - August 2. Cost is $350 ($175 due with application) and covers all food, transportation, lodging. There are no scholarships available.
There is 12 students spots, and then we will have a waiting list (if the waiting list reaches 12, we will take another busload!!!)
Click here to download the application:NOLA Trip Application
There is A LOT going on this Sunday for graduates, rising 6th graders, and rising 5K/Kidz Creekers! Read below to ensure that you are in the know:
- 5K - Kindergarten Konfidential is a reception held to help rising Kindergarteners and their parents transition from the preschool area to elementary.
- Time: June 1 at 12:15pm
- Location :Building 2 Room 209
- Lunch is provided.
- RSVP to Samantha Thames at Samantha@cedarcreekchurch.net
- Rising 6th Graders - CENTERPOINT and Kidz Creek are hosting a RISING 6th GRADE GRADUATION AND WELCOME PARTY to honor the rising 6th graders and their families, and to prepare them for the coming years in CENTERPOINT and middle school. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend. You will get to meet key leaders and students in CENTERPOINT as well as celebrate with Kidz Creek leaders!
- Time: June 1 at 5:00PM
- Location :Building 4 (CENTERPOINT Building)
- Dinner is provided.
- RSVP to Angie Cox at email@example.com
- High School Graduates – This Sunday morning is in your honor! Graduates will wear their caps and gowns and be recognized in adult worship for their accomplishments!
- Time: June 1 at both the 9AM and 11AM services.
- Location: Adult Worship
- RSVP to Angie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which service time you will be attending.
- NOTE: Graduates are asked to arrive 30 minutes early and gather at the statue-side welcome center where someone will direct them. Please bring your cap and gown.
We are looking forward to celebrating milestones and achievements with your families this coming Sunday! Hope to see you there!
For more information, contact Jeff or Angie at 803-649-3096!
This Sunday is Mother’s Day. A day set aside each year to celebrate and honor Moms, and we’ll be doing that as a part of our worship at all three of our campuses this weekend. I hope you’ll be able to be there to be a part of this very special day. But, I also know that while this a day of celebration for many, for some of us, this is very difficult day. Celebrating Moms is a painful reminder of something that has been lost, missing or is broken in your life. Putting the spotlight on Moms feels like its shining a light on your pain, and because of that you usually avoid church that day. If that’s you, I just want you to know that I’m sorry for your pain. I can’t imagine how difficult it is for you. But, because I love you, I also want to encourage you to push past it and join us this weekend. We’re continuing in our series called Positive ID and I’m convinced that God has a word of encouragement, hope and healing for you. Your pain, loss and brokenness are a part of who you are, but they are not the final word on your true identity. Join us at the campus of your choice this Sunday and discover who you really are!
EGG HUNT FINAL UPDATE: The Great Aiken Egg Hunt has been rescheduled for next Saturday, April 26th – same time (10 to 12) and same place (SAHS Football Field). Hope to see you all there!! Share this update on your page and let all your friends and family know!
Just a quick thank you to all the wonderful volunteers and members who are making the Egg Hunt happen through their efforts (and their eggs)!
We have stuffed over 20,000 eggs and are excited about what God will do through the Great Aiken Egg Hunt this Saturday! You don’t want to miss it!!
Check out the gallery for a quick glimpse of all that’s happened!
The Great Aiken Egg Hunt is only days away!!
Saturday, April 19th from 10AM to 12PM!
Here’s how you can be a part:
- HOME Groups: We are wanting EACH and EVERY HOME Group that we have to sponsor a booth (think carnival/fall festival) where kids can stop by, play a quick game, and win a prize. You will have a 10X10 area or so to set up your booth (bring everything you need!). Some examples: cake walk, bag toss, dunking booth, face painting, etc. If you haven’t signed up to host a booth yet, or have any questions, email Steve at email@example.com! Sign up to make sure someone isn’t already doing your game!
- Volunteer: We are inviting EVERYONE to come and be a part through volunteering at the Egg Hunt. We have needs that range from greeting and setup, to inflatables, concessions, and clean up! If you want to volunteer, email Teresa at firstname.lastname@example.org! Teresa is contacting all volunteers and getting you signed up for the perfect spot!
- Families: Come and ENJOY the fun! We are gonna have ALL kinds of fun – games, inflatables, snacks, Easter bunny, egg hunt… the list goes on and on! Don’t miss out on this awesome family event that everyone can enjoy!
Questions? Email Teresa at email@example.com!
Hope to see everyone out at South Aiken High School this Saturday for a EGG-celent time!!!
Cedar Creek Church Caring Ministries are pleased to announce that the next session of Transitions will begin on Wednesday, April 16th. This is an earlier date than is listed in the April Cedar Creek Banks Mill Campus Connection. Transitions is a ministry for those who have lost a spouse or long-term significant other to divorce, breakup, or death. Transitions members typically have completed one of our sister ministries, whether it is Divorce Care, Grief Share, or Pastoral Counseling. For additional information please email CCCTransitions@gmail.com. Seats are limited so we encourage you to reserve yours today.
Family Camp details:
WHEN: May 17, 2014, 10AM-10PM
WHERE: Camp Gravatt in Aiken
Under 2 – FREE
2 & UP – $15 per person
AND if you register by APRIL 20th you get a sweet EARLY BIRD Discount of $5 off PER PERSON!!!
T-Shirts will be available to order at an additional cost. (Youth XS-YXL & Adult S-XL – $5.00 each. Adult 2XL-3XL – $6.75 each)
HOW TO REGISTER:
You can register at any Cedar Creek Campus or you can register online using the link below. Electronic checks (checking Acct) and Debit cards are accepted.
The Great Aiken Egg Hunt is coming this April 19th! Everyone from all ages are invited for games, snacks, fun and excitement!! You can go on an egg hunt, visit with the Easter Bunny, listen to some great music and play games.
This is a free event but we do need your help! We need to collect 15,000 plastic eggs for the kidz that will be attending. Starting Sunday March 23rd, there will be bins in the Banks Mill campus Gym to collect your plastic Easter Egg donations.