Archive | Children
Don’t forget Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes are due Sunday, NOVEMBER 17th, at your campus. For details on how to pack a shoebox go to http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/
While you are packing your shoebox help your child(ren) develop a heart of thankfulness by leading them in a discussion with these age appropriate questions about having a “Thankful Heart”.
- What are you thankful for?
- Do you know who gives us all those things? God! And we should thank Him.
- Lead your preschooler in saying a simple prayer like this “Thank You, God for puppy dogs!”
- What does it mean to have a “thankful attitude”?
- What if everything you have (toys, TV, clothes) was gone tomorrow? Would you still have anything to be thankful for?
- On a scale of 1-10, how thankful do you think we are as a family?
- Why is it important that we’re a family that gives to others?
- How do you think that giving to other people shows God we’re thankful to Him?
In addition to packing your shoebox full of goodies for a child; we want to encourage your child(ren) to share a little bit about themselves by including a letter and a picture or using the coloring sheet below.