We never stop learning the art of marriage Wise couples are intentional about the health of their relationship, and New Marriage Coaching (NMC) helps couples begin their marriage in an intentional way.
The key points a couple needs to know about Cedar Creek Church’s NMC are:
- Coaching will require about six hours, usually spread over several sessions. Naturally this is done as a couple.
- A couple’s assessment is the basis for your customized coaching*.
- Coaching includes a study of God’s intent for marriage to be a covenant.
- A specially-trained marriage mentor is assigned to work with the couple.
- If completed before the wedding the couple may qualify for a tax credit (SC) or a discount on the marriage license (GA).
- Cedar Creek Church NMC, or the premarital counseling of the couple’s choice from another faith-based provider is required as a condition for any Cedar Creek Church affiliated pastor to officiate the wedding
* The assessment costs $35. Marriage mentors will advise how to obtain that assessment.
We welcome any couple, regardless of church affiliation, who would like to participate in NMC. If the couples own church offers such counseling, we strongly encourage the couple to use those services.
Availability may be limited. We encourage couples to sign up as early as possible. Six months before the wedding is a good rule of thumb.
To apply for NMC, complete and submit the form below.