Begin working on your marriage before you marry! Wise couples are intentional about the health of their relationship, and premarital counseling provides a model for that intentionality.
The key points a couple needs to know about Cedar Creek Church’s premarital counseling:
- Premarital counseling is conducted by specially-trained marriage mentors assigned to work with you.
- Counseling requires about six hours, usually spread over several sessions. Naturally this is done as a couple.
- A couple’s assessment is the basis for your customized counseling*.
- Counseling includes a study of God’s intent for marriage to be a covenant.
- Upon completion, you receive a certificate redeemable for a $50 income tax credit in South Carolina.
* The assessment costs $35. Your marriage mentor will advise you how to obtain that assessment.
We welcome any couple, regardless of church affiliation, who would like to receive premarital counseling. If your own church offers such counseling, we encourage you to use those services.
Availability may be limited. We encourage you to sign up as early as possible. Six months before your wedding is a good rule of thumb.
To apply for premarital counseling, please complete and submit the form below.